Articles on this Page
- 05/18/19--02:29: _Home Page | Chief M...
- 05/18/19--02:29: _The Chief Marketing...
- 05/18/19--02:29: _Hire an interim cmo...
- 10/04/19--06:32: _Overhauling Your Bu...
- 10/04/19--06:34: _13 Signs Your Workp...
- 10/04/19--06:37: _12 Ways To Get Out ...
- 10/04/19--06:43: _13 Coaching Profess...
- 10/04/19--06:48: _Here’s How To Take ...
- 09/25/19--13:43: _Know Your Audience:...
- 10/29/19--02:00: _Swap - Term of the ...
- 11/01/19--07:35: _14 Major Considerat...
- 11/01/19--07:43: _These 13 Nonverbal ...
- 11/01/19--07:49: _15 Coaches Share Ho...
- 11/01/19--08:07: _Is Your Business Ov...
- 11/09/19--01:00: _Compound Annual Gro...
- 11/12/19--01:00: _Arbitrage - Term of...
- 11/13/19--11:00: _Here's How To Make ...
- 11/14/19--01:00: _Capitalism - Term o...
- 11/14/19--07:00: _Your Personal Brand...
- 11/14/19--07:30: _Easy Tips on Using ...
- 11/14/19--11:00: _How to Improve Your...
- 11/15/19--10:45: _Traditional Marketi...
- 11/18/19--01:00: _Zoning - Term of th...
- 11/18/19--06:00: _Get Unlimited Acces...
- 11/18/19--11:30: _5 Ways Solid SEO an...
- 11/19/19--01:00: _Deduction - Term of...
- 11/19/19--10:30: _Hershey's Head of M...
- 11/20/19--01:00: _Administration - Te...
- 11/20/19--07:00: _Top 5 Not-So-Obviou...
- 11/21/19--01:00: _Liability - Term of...
- 11/21/19--10:30: _How Peloton's Marke...
- 05/18/19--02:29: Home Page | Chief Marketing Office
- 05/18/19--02:29: Hire an interim cmo | Kamyar Shah
- 10/04/19--06:34: 13 Signs Your Workplace Is Toxic Enough To Warrant Quitting
- 10/29/19--02:00: Swap - Term of the Day - Oct 29, 2019
- 11/01/19--07:35: 14 Major Considerations For Leaders Planning An Employee Retreat
- 11/01/19--07:43: These 13 Nonverbal Cues Could Hurt You During A Job Interview
- 11/09/19--01:00: Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) - Term of the Day - Nov 09, 2019
- 11/12/19--01:00: Arbitrage - Term of the Day - Nov 12, 2019
- 11/13/19--11:00: Here's How To Make Your SaaS Marketing Strategy Generate Revenue
- 11/14/19--01:00: Capitalism - Term of the Day - Nov 14, 2019
- 11/14/19--07:00: Your Personal Brand Is Just as Important as Your Business Brand
- 11/14/19--07:30: Easy Tips on Using LinkedIn for Your Marketing Purposes
- 11/14/19--11:00: How to Improve Your Financial Advisory Firm's Marketing
- 11/18/19--01:00: Zoning - Term of the Day - Nov 18, 2019
- 11/18/19--06:00: Get Unlimited Access to 1 Million Vector Images With VectorGrove
- 11/19/19--01:00: Deduction - Term of the Day - Nov 19, 2019
- 11/19/19--10:30: Hershey's Head of Media Talks Leveraging Data to Create Content
- 11/20/19--01:00: Administration - Term of the Day - Nov 20, 2019
- 11/20/19--07:00: Top 5 Not-So-Obvious Social Media Marketing Mistakes You Must Avoid
- 11/21/19--01:00: Liability - Term of the Day - Nov 21, 2019
- 11/21/19--10:30: How Peloton's Marketing Strategy Made It a Leader in Its Space
Jump to navigation
Summary of research paper by Frank Germann, Peter Ebbes, and Rajdeep Grewal (2015), The Chief Marketing Officer Matters!, Journal of Marketing, 79(3), 1-22
How To Hire an Interim CMO You work hard for your business. Naturally, you want it to thrive. It may be tempting to try to handle everything yourself so that you maintain control, but this can be a…
Look At Your Historical Data
Deciding if a particular model is working or is effective is not a matter of perspective, it is a matter of data. A company that has been in existence should have access to historic data that lends itself to in-depth analysis. The only real question is who should examine the data and provide conclusions: I happen to be a proponent of using external entities for such evaluations to avoid bias. – Kamyar Shah, World Consulting Group
Originally published at https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2019/09/26/overhauling-your-business-model-15-steps-you-should-take-to-begin-the-process/#3ab395f56af7
There Are Rational, Not Just Emotional, Reasons To Leave
The first step in making such a determination is to establish your personal criteria. Evaluate based on how it makes you feel versus the reality of facts. Such a determination is vital in that decision-making process. And remember, my reality is not the same as your reality. An environment that you may consider toxic because of its hyper-competitiveness may be the optimal setting for another person. – Kamyar Shah, World Consulting Group
Originally published at https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2019/09/27/13-signs-your-workplace-is-toxic-enough-to-warrant-quitting/#6b49021551dc
Change Up Your Routine
It is no secret that daily routines are detrimental to long-term productivity. That being said, combating this particular issue is not complex: allow for change within the routine by adding and subtracting variables. One day make a call to an old mentor; next day, catch up on some fun readings; the next day, have lunch with a friend. The gist is rather simple. Even routines can accommodate loneliness. – Kamyar Shah, World Consulting Group
Originally published at https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2019/09/30/12-ways-to-get-out-of-your-head-and-combat-entrepreneurial-loneliness/#3cb96ca2aaf7
Present The Theoretical ROI
Among many other ways, I have seen work is to show your impact by calculating a theoretical ROI. Since most employees don’t have access to employer financial data, it may be hard to calculate one’s impact. However, with a bit of creativity and solid reasoning, one can create a compelling illustration of your contributions. It is worth mentioning that such a method would rely heavily on proper reasoning. – Kamyar Shah, World Consulting Group
Originally published at https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2019/10/02/13-coaching-professionals-explain-how-to-ask-for-and-negotiate-a-raise/#17828a6713fc
Start Small To Achieve Proof Of Concept
Innovation, and even scaling a business, is inherently a risky proposition. One of the most time-tested ways of managing the risk is to start on a small scale to achieve “proof of concept.” Though it doesn’t magically eliminate all the risk, proof of concept will allow for proper analysis and preparation for larger rollouts. – Kamyar Shah, World Consulting Group
Originally published at https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2019/10/03/heres-how-to-take-business-risks-responsibly-according-to-12-professional-coaches/#ad3fcc07badf
Interact With Clients Face-To-Face
When considering all the available tools and methods, it is easy to forget that end users are human beings that can’t be reduced to ones and zeros. Though it may be considered outdated, I have found that there is no real replacement for face-to-face interactions. Lack of resources may prevent face-to-face interactions, but it should be considered the top method in truly understanding customers. – Kamyar Shah, World Consulting Group
Originally posted at https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2019/09/24/know-your-audience-15-strategies-for-creating-your-ideal-client-profile/#59c63e971597
Get Your Team’s Input
Balancing corporate outings is not difficult if the basics of the end goal are the starting point: teamwork. Considering that the most likely goal of such an endeavor is to improve both individual and team performances, the planning should involve team feedback. Using both individual and team input in planning is going to inherently result in more interest and better outcomes for the event. – Kamyar Shah, World Consulting Group
Originally published at https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2019/10/04/14-major-considerations-for-leaders-planning-an-employee-retreat/#54d1a53d67f4
Though one would think that being enthusiastic in an interview is a no-brainer, I have witnessed the opposite. In my experience, the candidate too often concentrates on appearing knowledgeable but misses the vital aspects of enthusiasm. It is almost equally a problem with employers. All the knowledge and expertise in the world cannot replace the enthusiasm needed to overcome daily obstacles. – Kamyar Shah, World Consulting Group
Originally published at https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2019/10/16/these-13-nonverbal-cues-could-hurt-you-during-a-job-interview/#2f08ee1449bd
Don’t Let Your Introversion Limit You
Yes, introverts have it harder when it comes to some aspects of a business. That being said, it is no different than any other obstacle that can be overcome by a wide range of solutions, including adjusting client acquisition and contact point workarounds. It is an issue that can be limiting, but only if it is allowed to. Don’t allow it to limit you. Limit its impact. – Kamyar Shah, World Consulting Group
Originally published at https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2019/10/17/15-coaches-share-how-introverted-leaders-can-succeed-in-an-extrovert-world/
One of the rather reliable ways to diagnose potential excess in workload is to match progress to initial timelines. Once the “noise” is cleared up, i.e. reasons that could have affected progress, it is simple to see what delays were caused by time or resource limitations. Combine that with frontline feedback and the data set for decision making is sufficiently usable. – Kamyar Shah, World Consulting Group
Originally published at https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2019/10/29/is-your-business-overwhelmed-by-heavy-workloads-here-are-10-signs-to-look-for/#1d8ef357290a